CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Awesome Pick! Stand Up for Judge Sonia Sotomayor

Obama nominated Sonia Sotomayor to the U.S. Supreme Court (the highest court in the USA) on Tuesday, selecting a woman who would be the court's first Latino. She was Obama's only choice and already people are speculating that his pick was racially motivated. They say that because she is a Republican and has very liberal motivations, so it couldn't be political so they blame her race as the factor in him nominating her.
Born and raised in a South Bronx public housing project to Puerto Rican parents, Sotomayor has distinguished herself in academia, as a big-city prosecutor, and as a leading figure on the federal bench. If confirmed, Judge Sotomayor would start with more federal judicial experience than any new Justice in 100 years. Sonia Sotomayor, is a 54-year-old judge on the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York, a divorcee and has no children. This is an awesome milestone for the Hispanic People and once again... Obama is tearing down walls!
OMG! she was already nominated, damn she gets a kiss from my hot President too? I'm so jealous I almost called her a name... lol
Now, this only motivates me to be important enough to get some recognition and a kiss from my president! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes A fellow Latina! Good job Obama and she's a woman? Yes Yes Yes. You should've seen my dad when she got elected (He's spanish) he was calling all of his family and friends on the phone speaking in fashion. My grandmother was crying. It was great. Can't wait for a Hispanic President.
~Gossipgurl411 that Spanish Mamacita! LOl~

Nina said...

I've never heard of her until CNN reported it yesterday. But I'll get to know her. Republican hate her, well that's not the first. But is the President Republican? I don't think so... Lol

Just Ask Malik! said...

Yo Dee I like this article.
I'm proud of my president, just breakin all kinds of barriers!
And I told u about diggin them old dudes lol
Peace Out!