CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

OBAMA DAY!!!!



I am forever impressed by the wonderful, witty, very lovable Barrack Obama! He came to my city (Jacksonville, FL) today and it was Obama pandemonium EVERYWHERE!!!
He spoke at this huge park downtown (Metro Park, a very beautiful location off the St. John's River, that flows thru my city... it sits next to the Jacksonville Jaguars Stadium) and it only holds 30,000 people... they had to close the gates and turn 8,000 people away! OMG!
I had a great spot up front with my dad (we arrived at 11am... Obama wasn't due on until 2:30)but my friend and cousin (Alji06 and Thickblackgurl) decided they needed to find a restroom!!! We never could push our way back up front, so the footage I have is not as great as I wanted it to be.
Overall, the event was well worth the wait, even in the hot Florida sun (it was only 87 degrees with a great breeze from the St. John River keeping everyone cool...almost perfect weather). Obama spoke with conviction and I could understand why he wants to help people. I only wish I could vote, but if you can... pleaseeee go rock the vote for Obama!

0 comments: